The first funding rounds for ‘one planet’ projects in rural Swansea under the Rural Development Programme’s new ‘one planet’ strategy, as developed by the One Planet Centre have been announced.
1. Community groups and social enterprises are invited to initiate a conversation with the RDP Team at Swansea Council with a view to submitting a project information form for consideration to full application for up to £50.000. Deadline: 14 September 2020 12.00pm (noon).
2. Fast-track <£5k grant pot to help small scale projects get off the ground. Project ideas should be innovative to rural Swansea, community led, for community benefit, and support the partnership’s ‘One Planet’ vision and its strategic aims, which are to:
- Increase wellbeing and ecosystem resilience through maintaining and adding value to natural and cultural resources
- Develop sustainable transport and energy initiatives that reduce emissions and mitigate climate change impacts
- Strengthen the self-sufficiency of the local economy and support active, resilient, and connected communities.
Projects which can support recovery from the impact Covid-19 has had on communities are eligible.
Applicants will have to baseline and monitor their projects for their ecological footprints and other performance indicators relevant to ‘one planet’ principles. Those that can persuasively argue the most environmental and social benefits that will occur, and how they will be monitored, will be selected.
More information: https://www.swansea.gov.uk/rdp
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.