The One Planet Centre is pleased to announce it has five vacancies for a 12-week internship/training programme with practical experience.
Applications are currently being invited and the closing date for applications is end of day 1st January.
The One Planet Centre | Solutions for the Climate and Nature Emergency
We help organisations of all sizes, and individuals, to reduce their ecological footprint. For businesses, our One Planet Standard framework is offered free of charge for any organisation to use. It is suitable for use by any size of organisation, either as a developmental framework (for continuous improvement), or as a standard to achieve.
External, independent accreditation is offered by our partner, Assessement Services, for which there is a fee.
Trainee Ecological Assessment Consultant (12-week contract)
The One Planet Centre is currently running an exciting project to employ a number of interns on a 12-week contract with the aim of developing them to become Ecological Assessment Consultants.
This opportunity will equip the successful candidates to assist organisations to assess their environmental footprint, support them to create action plans that will reduce their impact to a ‘one planet’ level, and help them to prepare for assessment if this is required. On completion, interns will be equipped to engage organisations in this work as a freelance Ecological Assessment Consultant.
Interns will learn about ecological footprinting, how to approach and engage organisations and companies, assessment techniques and requirements, action planning, consultancy skills, and other topics that relate to this work. Interns need to be willing to engage and work with companies. Much of the work will be home-based, although there will be some days based elsewhere, eg in Llandovery, as well as visits to companies to gain practical experience.
Position: Trainee Ecological Assessment Consultant (Fixed Term Contract – 12 weeks)
Location: Predominantly working from home/online.
Remuneration: £10.42 per hour
Holiday: 5 days or equivalent pro rata entitlement over the duration of the contract, plus bank holidays
Temporary: 12-weeks (15 January – 5 April 2024) This is a fixed term contract, and consequently, the
employee will be exempted from making claims under the Unfair Dismissals Acts, 1977-2015.
The closing date for applications is the end of Friday 1st December.
As a Trainee Ecological Assessment Consultant, you will be expected to:
1. attend all training for the duration of the contract
2. complete assignments in a timely manner
3. be able to attend meetings over zoom at any time during work hours
4. attend in-person meetings, which will be in Llandovery
5. complete any paperwork requested, including attendance and activity logs
6. be willing to approach companies to engage them with ecological footprinting
7. create an Ecological Assessment Consultancy business plan
8. represent the One Planet Centre in a professional manner
9. undertake any other task that is requested within the remit of your role
CBC Canol Un Blaned
30 Stryd y Cerrig, Llanymddyfri, Sir Gaerfyrddin SA20 0JP
post: firstname.lastname@example.org ffôn: 07901925671
gwefannau: https://oneplanetstandard.org/cy/ https://theoneplanetlife/cy/
cwmni cyfyngedig wedi’i gofrestru yng Nghymru a Lloegr – Rhif y cwmni 12510450
The One Planet Centre CIC
30 Stone Street, Llandovery, Carmarthenshire SA20 0JP
email: email@example.com phone: 07901925671
websites: https://oneplanetstandard.org/ https://theoneplanetlife.com
a limited company registered in England and Wales – company number 12510450
Trainee Ecological Assessment Consultant
• Demonstrable interest in ecological issues
• Good interpersonal skills
• Degree or degree-level qualification, preferably in an ecological subject
• Welsh speaker
• Experience in energy supply or supply of goods to companies, or other relevant experience.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• a CV with your address and contact details, an employment history and qualifications
• how you meet the person specification
• a letter saying why you would like to take up this opportunity and what you will bring to it
• what skills and experience you have that would be particularly relevant to this work
• how you would use this opportunity.
The closing date for applications is the end of Friday 1st December and interviews will be held during the following week. In your application can you please include when you would not be available for interview during the period of the 4-8th December. First round interviews will be held over Zoom.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome all applications.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to help you in your application, with our recruitment process, or if you are successful in the interview.
Right to Work
Before employment you will need to produce proof that you have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email Lisa using email@example.com, or call 07971148531.